Sunday 25 January 2009

networking

Lochmaddy, North Uist,
Outer Hebrides
Glen Coe

A great day yesterday in Edinburgh, talking the talk with a fellow artist. We all work in such self imposed isolation, forgetting that a different yet empathic perspective always helps us to move forwards.
Thanks Jenny! Good inspiration.
My colleague Joanne Kaar does the same for me too: so far away.
Thanks Joanne!
This week I have to dismantle the work in my studio to take up to Taigh Chearsabhagh, North Uist.
Mixed feelings now, I lived with this inner world for so long, moving among the suspended silk. Will the studio echo?
The journey north is daunting, not a good time to travel with delicate cargo. Here's hoping for a heatwave, no wind and empty roads.

1 comment:

  1. Waving to you from Wales, where my head is full of stars and my garden is full of water! Going slowly mad here trying to finish a book and have an exhibition coming down soon.
    I love the isolation of working and thinking and wandering the shore, but thought I would wave to you, via Joanne and just say hi.
    Love from Jackie, and the ginger cats of Wales

    ReplyDelete