Saturday 14 February 2009

moving on

That's probably all the images I'll post for Sea Silks, the installation is there at Taigh Chearsabhagh, do go if you have a chance to see it. I hope it might tour.

It was a moving experience for me, both creating and installing. I've learned a great deal, some of it surprising. We don't always recognise who we are, do we?
I am indebted to all who had a hand in the making, thanks!
Also to Taigh Chearsabhagh in Lochmaddy for showing the work in such a wonderful venue. I'm pleased!

I'm now working on the research project with my colleague Dr Cathy Treadaway, from University of Wales, Cardiff. It's exciting. We find that our shared experience and memory impacts positively on our work, making the journey so enjoyable. Often words aren't needed.

Thank you for reading this blog of Sea Silks, it's been cathartic developing it.
Time to move on.

Alison 14th Feb 2009
ps. Happy Valentine's Day :)

1 comment:

  1. It's such a lovely project in every way Alison - looking forward to seeing what comes next. But do recognise that 'bereft' feeling. It's the same for writers and I suppose it's the reason why we keep going back to things and compulsively revising them!

    ReplyDelete